MAPPS recently completed the 2010 Salary and Non-Cash Benefits Survey. This survey was conducted among the "regular member firms" of MAPPS --- firms based in the United States that provide geospatial services and data. This select group of MAPPS firms was utilized for the survey in order to have a homogenous group on which to make "apples to apples" comparisons of compensation data.
The survey results have been shared with the participating firms and to MAPPS Associate Members at no cost. The report is available to MAPPS regular member firms that did not participate in the survey for $250 and to non-members for $500.
Results of the survey included:
• More vacation time, but less carryover of that time than ever before;
• Employers paying larger percentage of single and family health insurance costs than ever before;
• A significant drop in bonuses, the lowest since the salary survey was first conducted in 2004;
• Largest differences in top level employee pay between geographic regions, with the mountain region having the highest pay levels;
• Lowest Benefit/Cost ratio ever.
A PowerPoint presentation was presented at the MAPPS summer conference by committee chairs Dave Hart (Continental Mapping Consultants, Sun Prairie, WI) and Marvin Miller (Aero-Metric, Inc., Maple Grove, MN). The presentation is available in the members only section of the MAPPS website.
The 64-page report is the most comprehensive compensation survey in the geospatial profession. It is the best way to benchmark a firm's wage and benefits program with others in the community.
There are two ways to purchase the report, by sending a check to:
ATTN: Salary Survey
1856 Old Reston Avenue, Suite 205
Reston, VA 20190
Or, by calling Amber VerValin in the MAPPS office at 703-787-6996. She will process credit card payments.